Monday, October 8, 2012

Personal Note

This might not be interesting to many of you, but I'm going to share some of my experiences as a new mother.   My son is going to be 4 months old on October 20th and like everyone says, I can't believe how fast time is going by.  I had a rough time the first 4-6 weeks because I haven't really spent much time around babies, much less a newborn baby and then BAM!  It was nothing like I thought it was going to be, it was difficult, more difficult than any project, assignment, or task I've ever taken on in my life, but I was determined to get the little critter on a schedule.  Thankfully my husband was on board with the concept of getting Roman on a schedule/routine, some people don't believe in scheduling their babies day.  Why?  Because it's hard!  It takes discipline, but once the routine set in life is great!!  He knows when it's time to eat, play, nap, and go to bed at night.  He rarely cries and because of the schedule, if he is fussy, I tend to know why.  Everyday he is more fun to interact with, it's really amazing watching him grow up and develop his own little personality.

Book reccommendation to keep in mind in the case of a growing family....On Becoming Babywise: Giving your infant the gift of nighttime sleep

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing that very personal aspect of your life and congrats on becoming a mother! I do not have any children but I do hope to have a family one day and that is great advice. Setting up a routine for your baby just makes practical sense to me because as students/professionals we schedule everything else anyways…why not the baby? And it makes life more stable so I think that’s great. I’m sure you are a great mom =)

    ReplyDelete