Monday, October 1, 2012

EV Manager's Meeting

Every month one of the east valley cities hosts an east valley manager's meeting in which all of the city managers, MAG executive director, AZ League of Towns and Cities director, and several others meet to get an update and discuss current issues.  This month Gilbert was responsible for hosting.  It was held at the Banner MD Anderson Gateway Medical Center.  I got there early to help set up the room and the food.  The meeting was relatively short.  I am beginning to identify certain topics that have been present at the different meetings I have attended and am understanding the roles that different individuals have in the policy process. 

Quick update on my project: last week I was able to get some great information from the accounts payable department so I started developing some charts and tables representing the fees paid and increases.  I feel like I'm starting to make some good progress.

2 comments:

  1. This meeting sounds very interesting. I didn't realize there was such a collaborative effort with the East Valley cities to communicate. What sort of projects do the cities work on together? What were some of the topics they discussed? I wonder if West Valley cities have this sort of engagement and if it is effective for their governance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kind of impressive just how much collaboration goes on between the cities and agencies such as MAG. Is this a formal meeting they have? Or is it more like a lunch meeting type deal that's more tradition than requirement? I know sometimes government officials have meetings with others in an informal manner. I suppose this could be either, though it sounds more formal.

    ReplyDelete