Sunday, September 9, 2012

Starting Tomorrow!

Well, tomorrow is the first day of my internship with the Town of Gilbert.  All I know so far is that I will be working with the Intergovernmental Relations Department and that they already have a project ready for me to work on.  I'm so excited for this opportunity because I grew up in Mesa, right next door to Gilbert and saw it undergo immense growth and development over the past 15 years.  I feel like I will be getting an inside perspective on how the town got to where it is today.  Can't wait for tomorrow to see more about what I'll be doing this semester and to get things underway.

1 comment:

  1. I lived in the town of Gilbert the last six years of my life, I can honestly say I never kept up with local politics or policies. It was not until I started working for the city of Phoenix that I became interested in local politics. I do love the town of Gilbert, I bet you had a great experience interning there.

    ReplyDelete