Monday, November 19, 2012

ADEQ Project Update

A couple weeks ago I finished up my research for my original project regarding the ADEQ fee assessment.  I created a formal report and have reached out to several individuals to get some feedback before finalizing it.  First, I contacted the budget director here at Gilbert to see if she had any recommendations.  I reached out to her because the impact of the fee increase is really centered around the budget because it means more money needed to the different departments.  She had a couple suggestions that I incorporated into my report.

Then I contacted the Deputy Director of AZ League of Cities and Towns since he is an expert in the field.  I was a little nervous to contact him, because I had not met him in person yet, but I went ahead and sent my report over to him.  He asked me when I wanted to chat, so I assumed we would be speaking on the phone, but this morning I had a voicemail letting me know that he could meet in person with me today.  I was so surprised.  He was nice enough to come down to Town Hall to meet with me and discuss my assessment.  It was a quick meeting because he thought I had done a good job on the report.  He did have one recommendation of something I could add content wise and told me I could e-mail him and he would get me the information I needed.  This is yet another example of how important relationship building is in public administration/government; people can be extraordinary resources!

No comments:

Post a Comment