Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Help End Hunger
So since it's the holiday season I wanted to share a couple sites that I think are pretty neat as far as being able to participate and donate to causes online. One is completely free - Freerice.com You can go to this site and play some word games, for every question you get right, 10 grains of rice are donated. Kind of fun and for a good cause. The second site is the hunger site where you can donate money to different charities varying from ending hunger, illiteracy, child healthcare and some others. You can also participate for free by sending e-cards, signing e-petitions, and registering with the site on Facebook and Twitter. They also have some pretty neat stuff for sale for which the proceeds go to charity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Tikki! These are all great suggestions.
ReplyDeleteAnother option, which I would strongly recommend, is Kiva (http://www.kiva.org/).
"Kiva works with micro-finance institutions on five continents to provide loans to people without access to traditional banking systems. One hundred percent of your loan is sent to these micro-finance institutions, which we call Field Partners, who administer the loans in the field."
These sound like very valuable programs to help people in need. Through my internship with a community food bank, I have been thinking a lot about how important it is to help provide food for families in need. Any organization that is working toward that cause is really making a difference for people.
ReplyDelete