My schedule did not allow me to attend career service events in person, but upon exploring the career services website I found out about the many webinars that they offer. I decided to participate in the How Do I Successfully Interview webinar. I had never participated in a webinar, but it was really easy. I just entered my information and joined the webinar in about a minute. The presenters posted a couple Power Point presentations for participants to follow along with. As a participant you could either participate by talking, or typing into a text box on the left hand side. The content of the presentation was about what to do for an interview. First you should research the company and then consider the type of interview that it will be. Because of technology, there are so many different ways to conduct an interview in today’s world. There are in-person interviews, panel interviews, phone interviews, and even Skype interviews.
The event then talked about the importance of first impressions, including dress and overall demeanor. A useful method to use is the S.T.A.R. method. Situation – problem, what’s going on? Task – the goal, what was the task at hand? Action – what did you do to complete the goal? Result what did you learn from the outcome? ASU also holds mock interviews if you really want to practice your interviewing skills. These webinars are a great way to access some of the excellent resources that the Career Center has to offer. I have gone to some of the career fairs and personally did not find them beneficial at all to where I am at in my career/education, so to actual get some useful information relevant to my situation, was awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment