Well this is my last post on my internship, although I am staying in the Manager’s Office through the end of next week. It’s crazy how quickly it has gone by and how much I have learned, how many people I’ve met, and how many valuable skills I have gained. It really didn’t hit me how much I’ve actually done until last week. I went to an interview that my manager helped me get with the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce. I didn’t have the supervisory experience required for the position, so it kind of turned into a meeting rather than an interview, but the lady I met with pointed out that I had made quite an impact on the Town in only a few short months from what my supervisor had told her. I don’t know if I really did, all I know is that I have worked hard and put my best effort forth in any project I have been asked to work on. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to work here.
This Town has a wonderful management team and is just a really positive and motivational environment. I am so glad that I have the chance to stay on with the Town for at least a few more months, and in a paid capacity, yay!! I can honestly say that this has been the best experience I have had; I know that I would have a terrible time finding employment even with my MPA because I didn’t have any municipal/public sector experience. I will miss doing the policy based work and research that I have been doing, but I can still help out with some of those type of projects if I have some free time. I was anticipating this last post to be a sad thing for me to write because I was going to miss the people that I’ve been working with the past several months, but instead I’m happy. You just never know what opportunities you’ll be given or that will come out of a situation. I’ve learned that as long as you hustle, put forth your best effort, and make a good impression, good things will probably happen.
This post was really motivational! A positive attitude is always contagious. As I considered my internship I almost wanted to say that I left with a negative point of view. But instead I learned and was part of something that most people my age don't get to experience. I got an inside look at what it takes to build America's best waterparks! Thanks for the positive attitude.
ReplyDelete