My supervisor was out of town last month for a week, so while she was gone I volunteered to help out some of the managers. One of the Assistants to the Town Manager, had several projects that he needed me to do some research on. The research was on permit turnaround times. I compared Gilbert’s to other local and national municipalities with similar populations. After I completed this project and gave the information to Gabe, he asked if I would be willing to look into express and expedited permit review processes, which Gilbert currently doesn’t have. I then scheduled a meeting with someone over in Development Services to talk to present my research to them and see what they think the direction Gilbert should go is.
That week, the Director of Development Services was let go and Gabe was appointed to serve as the Interim Director. He asked me if I wanted to stay on with the Town, but working with him in Development Services continuing to do research and analysis. I will be working directly with the Executive Team while continuing to work on my professional development for a maximum of 6 months. I’m really excited because I can do this part-time and still get some time home with my son. I’m also happy to be working in a different area, gaining more experience and knowledge of some other areas of local management.
No comments:
Post a Comment